February’s poll asks, What did your magical groundhog say?
What did your magical groundhog say?
- I put no faith in magical rodants (57%, 36 Votes)
- Six more weeks of winter (33%, 21 Votes)
- Spring will arrive early (10%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 63
One of my favourite things about the Groundhog Day traditions is that the little creatures have such bizarre names. Our local groundhog here in Ontario is Wiarton Willie, an albino groundhog who saw his shadow. So.
Let’s see if we can crowdsource answers, pool them, and see which groundhogs are right. By the time we close the poll in March, we should have a pretty good idea.
If magical groundhogs aren’t your thing, check out these articles and reviews that look at all sorts of totems:
- Discordian Totems, by Psyche
- Review of Totem Animals, by Donyae Coles
- The differences between traditional and Pagan totemism, by Lupa
- Review of Animal Messengers, by Tabitha Dial
Just remember, “spirit animal” is a term that actually means something, so please be conscious in your use of it:
Image credit: Marcus Hebel with additional work by Psyche