January’s poll asks, Did you keep last year’s resolution?
Did you keep last year's resolution?
- I don't do new year's resolutions. (53%, 29 Votes)
- Partly. Kind of? (35%, 19 Votes)
- Yep! I did what I set out to do. (13%, 7 Votes)
- Nope! Going to try again this year! (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 55
If you didn’t accomplish everything you set out to in 2018, that’s ok. It’s part of the process.
- Learning from failure: Turning lead into gold, by Chrysanthemum White Alder
- Positive thinking: Panacea or prison?, by Chrysanthemum White Alder
- Dancing with the Shadow: An introduction to shadow work, by Dallas Jennifer Cobb
Last year was a difficult one for many of us. To help get yourself into a happy head space, take time for self care.
- Magical cleansing basics: How to get started, by Donyae Coles
- Mirror magick and self-love, by Chrysanthemum White Alder
- Three magical self-care rituals: Uplift, energize, and protect, by Donyae Coles
- The Book of Sacred Baths, reviewed by Haley Houseman
- Four cleansing rituals for mind, body, and spirit, by Donyae Coles
Now, take time to take stock, and see whether the goals you set were ones you actually wanted to achieve. Think about your priorities, and where you want to be at the end of this year. How will you go about achieving them?
If you struggle with discipline, what will you change to make things work better for you in 2019? Here are a couple of approaches:
- Live your magick: The contradiction of control, by Chrysanthemum White Alder
- How do you build self discipline?, by Psyche
- Self-discipline on your own terms: Exploring nontraditional approaches, by Chrysanthemum White Alder
- Why you should keep a magical journal, by Michael Reese
- Mental health and magical practice: Learning to know thyself, by Chrysanthemum White Alder
Finally, here are some techniques that will help you enchant to stay on track:
- Increase your magical intuition: Tips and tricks, by Donyae Coles
- Meditation: Four techniques to get you started, by Mercury
- Sigil magick: Down and dirty, by Donyae Coles
- Deepen your connection to the land throughout the Wheel of the Year, by Emma Kathryn
- Making your own rituals: Choose your own adventure, by Donyae Coles
- Witching on a budget: Magick on the cheap, by Donyae Coles
Not sure if you’re straying? Try these divination techniques to check in with yourself:
- Dowsing without a pendulum: Divination on demand, by Charlz dela Cruz
- Sortilége: A crow’s stash of divinatory odds and ends, by Monica Bodirsky
- Reading tea leaves: A beginner’s guide, by Tabitha Dial
- Tarot and oracle cards together: Add depth and complexity to your readings, by Donyae Coles
Wishing you the best of heath, luck, and success for 2019!
Image credit: formulanone with work from Psyche