Our contributors are all freelance, and largely stick to their own schedule, but we’d like to start a new astrology column, published weekly.
Our new astrology columnist will contribute a weekly column based on the signs, with advice and recommendations for how to make the best use of the stars. Ability to weave in pop occultural references a huge plus. Think Satellite of Love or Madame Clairvoyant for occultniks. The way Rob Brezney weaves in additional advice and resources into Free Will Astrology is lovely. Dazzle us with your unique take on astrology, and how you want to share it with our readers.
Duties will include:
- Write a weekly astrology column
- Can be batched monthly for easier writing (and easier to edit for our editorial team)
- Make recommendations to the editor on innovative ways to cover astrology and related topics
- Use your specialist knowledge to contribute ideas
What I’m looking for in an astrology columnist:
- Familiarity with astrology
- Familiarity with occulture
- Sense of humour
- Strong writer
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Spiral Nature, what we publish, and our audience
- Experience with WordPress a plus
- Moderate HTML skills
- Moderate social media skills (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn)
This position can be entirely remote, but if you’re in Toronto, there may be opportunity for in-person planning sessions, drinks, and noms.
What you get out of it:
- $10 per article
- Your name on the masthead
- Experience working the world’s most awesome occulture magazine
- Other perks as they arise?
Send me an email outlining your experience, social media profiles, blog, and anything else you feel is relevant. I don’t need to see a resume.
Not interested, but know someone who might be? Please share this job posting with them and anyone else in your network. Thanks!
Application deadline: 31 August 2016