By C D Burdorf
From: mascdb[at]gdr[dot]bath[dot]ac[dot].uk (C D Burdorf)
Subject: meditation techniques for Merlin Tarot
Date: 7 Oct 92 10:53:20 GMT
Ok, due to popular demand here it is.
This is the stuff from RJ Stewart’s workshop I attended two weeks ago on Merlin Tarot and Meditation. This is for meditating on the trumps only.
- Don’t use intense concentration
- Let your mind wander up and down and through the card
- First have your eyes open, then have your eyes closed.
- Build the image of the card in your mind without stepping into it.
- Then step into the card, feel the ground, temperature, smell the smells
- Set the card up about 10 feet away from you, take three steps towards it, imagine yourself walking into the card, sit behind it and meditate on being inside it, then walk out of the card.
If there is a path on the card, walk your way up it. Work your way through the card
Dissolve the physical forms and concentrate on the powers and energies of the card.
Once inside the card turn around and look back out, it will give you a different perspective. Write your experiences down and meditate on them.
It doesn’t have to be for a long time.
Meditate on the card before you go to sleep. It can make you dream about the card. Look at it again as soon as you wake up. Write down your dream and meditate on it.
When inside the card ask the people for advice if you wish. Pick a card that feels relevant to your problem.