By The Wizzard
The basic starting point for chakra work is just to relax and feel energy flowing through them and considering each in turn and seeing what you can sense from them. If it helps to use the general correspondences to visualize them then that is not a problem or you can ignore those and see what you see.
Here is a simple work through, if you are doing this as part of anything larger or have your own specific system this does not include any banishing or consideration as to the context of the exercise.
- Lie back in a quiet position, in an area where you will be undisturbed. Close your eyes and relax.
- Now imagine energy flowing from the universe to the crown chakra at the top of your head, feel it energizing the chakra, if it helps visualize it as being violet energy and the chakra spinning vibrantly.
- Next re-enforce the previous flow of energy but this time take it down from the crown to the brow chakra and repeat the visualization and feeling of energizing the chakra and if it helps make it indigo and spinning like a whir pool of energy.
- Then you want to do the same again, bringing the energy down into your body, re-enforcing the flow through the previous chakras and then bringing it down to the throat where it is a blue vibrant energy whirl.
- Repeat what you have been doing now you have the idea, re-enforcing the energy and then bringing it down to the next one, heart chakra being green then down to the yellow solar plexus, the orange loin and then the red base.
- As you reach the base chakra and have it energised and spinning with energy you should feel the energy flowing through you, from the universe coming down through your chakra, energising them then flowing to earth, forming an equivalent electric circuit but with energy.
- Take time to feel this flow of energy, get used to it and feel yourself more alive and centred, earthed.
- This meditation/visualization exercise should come to a natural end, there is no time limit and no real goal other than to feel and experience the energy flow through your chakra and gain any insight that may present itself.
- If you like you may reverse the process if you are a fan of closure you can visualize a reverse of the process with each chakra being closed down in turn and the circuit being terminated at the crown. If you have any more formal endings to the exercise that is up to you.
This exercise is simple and enjoyable, you can reverse the process as well, starting the energy coming form the earth and energizing your chakra from the opposite direction, or you can merely concentrate on one chakra if that’s what you like.
There is talk that such exercises open you up and that they illuminate you with energy and thusly you should always close yourself down afterwards to get rid of any unwanted attention. This is a very subjective idea as it depends what beliefs you subscribe to as to what things you think might be attracted and their believed negative value. Some books mention “things” from the astral world being attracted to your brightness and others warn of psychic or magical attack.
Make of these what you will and arrive at your own conclusions, but as far as the chakra go from this point you can customise the experience however you like and progress from here to where you want to go.